Naples Florida is one of the most desirable locations in Southwest Florida, and has a hidden gem… its arts scene. Artis-Naples and The Baker Museum take center stage ~ both renowned for booming visual and performing arts attractions. The volume of art exhibitions take the interest of visitors and locals throughout the year. And when your attention is elsewhere, Naples provides quality shopping, five-star hotels, wonderful outdoor dining locations, and delivers a healthy supply of luxury real estate with beachfront and waterfront properties being in high-demand.
Artis-Naples is celebrated for its annual calendar of events which enrich the local community and surrounding areas. Programs such as comedy, dance, film, music, exhibitions and lectures flood the calendar, while facilitating around 300 events for all age groups. Adjacent to Artis-Naples is The Baker Museum, which just completed a large estimated $150 million renovation. The Baker Museum emphasizes modern and contemporary art, and is a hub for educational opportunities and traveling exhibitions… all the while complementing its own permanent collections. Regardless if you are a local Neapolitan, a seasonal visitor, or looking to call Naples your home, make sure to enrich your life by attending at least one event from either of these venues a month.
What Makes Artis-Naples and The Baker Museum Stand Out?
- The Baker Museum (formally The Naples Museum of Art) features a permanent major collection of 300 paintings and drawings by American masters from 1900-1955, as well as one of the largest collections of 20th-century Mexican art in the Southern United States. Several exhibitions have received national and international attention, and include work by Andrew Wyeth, Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, Helen Frankenthaler, Victor Vasarely, Hans Hofmann, Alice Neel and others.
- With 30,000 square feet over 3 levels, the sheer size of this museum acts as a symbol of high quality and caliber of art appreciation in Naples.
- Artis-Naples serves more than 45,000 students from Collier and Lee County every year with hands-on art classes and school time performances.
- Lectures, film screenings, moderated discussions and hands-on workshops, through the Lifelong Learning programs at Artis-Naples, bring art to every demographic.
- At $100 million, Artis-Naples has one of the largest endowments in Florida for non-educational nonprofits.
Naples Art Galleries
Bustling and lively Naples shopping venues, such as Fifth Avenue South and Third Street South, have an organic niche for those who enjoy visual arts. Art lovers will find three of Naples’ most prestigious art galleries together, forming an impressive collection of antique art from the 19th and 20th century, as well as work from many of the leading contemporary painters and sculptors in the world today. Make sure you check out “Gallery Row”, which consists of DeBruyne Fine Art, Marianne Friedland Gallery and Gardner Colby Gallery… the latter having bountiful collections of paintings, glass and sculptures. Head a little North to Gallery Vibe, where you will be thrilled to find a huge inventory of fresh and eclectic blend of both representational and abstract traditions by nationally recognized artists that cover Contemporary, Traditional, Transitional, Abstract, Coastal, Figurative, Still Life and Landscape.
Naples Performing Arts
If you head back to Artis-Naples, in the , The Philharmonic Center for the Arts will win your heart. For over 25+ seasons, the center has offered performances in popular music, classical music, dance, and theatre; throughout the year, the center also hosts a number of youth groups including the Philharmonic Center Chorale, and Miami City Ballet.
Naples Art Center / Von Liebig Art Center
Naples Florida is extremely fortunate to enjoy The Von Liebig Art Center which is a distinguished 16,000 square-foot center, dedicated to promoting interest and education in the visual arts. It’s also home to the Naples Art Association (NAA), which has been around for over 60 years and puts on a lively program of events; from music, jazz and arts concerts…. to Art in the Park and the ARTScool summer curriculum for young budding artists.
Naples Florida delivers a well-balanced lifestyle…..so have you started envisioning your future yet? Check out our . Please reach out, one call can help you find the direction you are looking for. Matt Brown can be reached at (239) 580.8864 or firstname.lastname@example.org